Preschool / Elementary
Sunday School meets from 9:00 am to 10:00 am Sunday mornings, from September 8, 2019 to May 17, 2020. ALL children meet in the Cornerstone Room at 9:00 am for our Large Group Opening, then they will proceed to their respective classes in the Sunday School hallway (preschoolers go downstairs to the Learning is Fun preschool), where they will be picked up after worship.
*Occasionally, we will have our Large Group Opening in the Sanctuary, where the kids will experience part of worship, including a children’s message.
Our Sunday School curriculum is “Whirl Lectionary” for children in preschool through 5th grade (children must be at least 3 years old by September 1st, 2019).
Why Whirl Lectionary?
- Lectionary made easy: Lessons use color and icons to help leaders and kids follow the church year.
- Characters kids can relate to: Age-appropriate animated characters model what it’s like for kids to go through the questions and challenges of living out their faith in today’s world.
- Connect kids to the congregation: Lessons relate to the readings and teachings during the worship services each week, and children will have monthly opportunities to attend the beginning part of worship at different times throughout the year.
- Faith in action: Learner leaflets include many ways families can put their faith into action each week.
Register online by clicking the button below or Click Here to download and print out a hard copy of the Sunday School Registration Form and return it to St. Timothy.
Click Here to download the Sunday School Volunteer Descriptions.
Click Here to download the Sunday School Calendar.
For more information or if you would like to volunteer to be part of this important ministry, contact Lindsay Casten at firstname.lastname@example.org
*You do not have to be a member of St. Timothy for your child(ren) to attend Sunday School.
LOGOS (Loving Our God Our Savior) — 3rd – 5th Grade
LOGOS (Loving Our God Our Savior) – 3rd through 5th Grade
Wednesday evenings from 6:30 to 8:00 pm (September 11, 2019 through May 6, 2020)
The curriculum is called “Connect,” which is designed for transitioning kids and tweens.
Why Choose Connect?
- It’s not little kid Sunday School: Bibles, videos, and learner sheets are designed just for kids & tweens, blending solid theology with quirky humor.
- Bible-centered approach: Explores major themes in the narrative arc of the Bible—from Creation to New Creation.
How it Works:
Lessons follow a three-part sequence: See, Explore, and Make. Each week, kids and tweens focus on a theme by watching a witty video, exploring biblical text, and creating projects ranging from games to art and more. *Please have your child bring his/her Bible to LOGOS in a reusable bag EVERY week! If they do not own a Bible, we will provide them with one.
The program is run by our Children’s Ministry Coordinator, Lindsay Casten, but anyone can volunteer to occasionally assist if desired (NO planning or preparation involved)!
Once per month we will have joint Confirmation/LOGOS dinners in the Fellowship Hall. We ask that each family sign up for at least one date during the year to provide dinner (homemade, purchased, ordered, etc.). Two families can sign up for the same date together. Plates, napkins, utensils, water and lemonade will be provided by St. Timothy. *You will not be responsible for leading any lessons/activities. Once you have registered your child for LOGOS and/or Confirmation, we will send you the link to sign up for one (or more) of the following dinner dates:
9/8/19, 10/9/19, 11/13/19, 12/11/19, 1/8/20, 2/12/20, 3/11/20, 4/15/20, 5/6/20
Register Online Now by clicking on the button below or Click Here to download and print a hard copy of the LOGOS Registration Form and return it to St. Timothy.
*You do not need to be a member of St. Timothy to participate in LOGOS.
Click Here to download the LOGOS Calendar.
For more information or if you would like to volunteer to be part of this important ministry, contact Lindsay Casten at email@example.com.